Chris Martinez announces plan to run for RTD Board Seat for District B.
It is with great enthusiasm that I have decided to run for the RTD Board of Directors, District B. The times require us to be more thoughtful about transportation and how we move people and the workforce in the most effective and efficient manner possible. For purposes of public safety and environmental stewardship, it is more important than ever before that we think critically and make wise transportation choices going forward.
My background and experience give me a distinct edge in understanding RTD and working in the best interest of the communities in Northeast Denver and North Aurora. From day one I will advocate and make decisions on behalf of District B that are fair and responsible.
· Affordable Fairs
· Equitable partnership – Municipalities and Denver Public Schools and other nonprofit organizations.
· Issues on the first and last mile to transit centers
· Fastrack – complete buildout
· Sponsor of the DBE program for Fastracts to ensure minority/women owned business participated in the build out of Fastracks
· Lead the effort in the Hiring of the Phillip Washington as RTD General Manager, first African American to lead the agency.
· During the time I previously served on the Board was able to save bus service to Montbello and GVR that was on the cutting block.
· Elected twice to serve as Chairman of the Board and 6 years out of the eight was on the Executive Committee for the board.
· Current President for Montbello Organizing Committee
· Chaired the Montbello 50th Birthday Celebration
· Chairman of Senate District 33
· One of the Founders of Montbello 20/20
· Chair of Growing Colorado Kids
· Treasurer - Colorado Latino Leadership Advocacy Research Organization
Thank you for your consideration in this election.